Henry Fink leads GRDI with over 45 years of hospitality real-estate development experience including hotels and destination resorts around the world. He has taken an active role in over fifty projects, including Hilton International, Hyatt International, Holiday Inn Hotels, AmanResorts, One&Only Resorts, Mandarin Oriental, independent properties, destination golf resorts (with ClubCorp International).
In addition to GRDI’s hospitality and real estate activities, Mr. Fink’s background also includes corporate development and asset management experience with the Hong Kong Hilton, the Malta Hilton, and the Bali Hyatt, City Developments Limited (Singapore), Kerzner International (Bahamas), Hollywood Casino Corporation (USA), and the Rosewood Corporation (Texas). He also directed the development of 22 hotel projects in Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and Panama for Posadas de México, SA de CV. As a licensed real estate agent, he has arranged and closed commercial real estate, resort and hotel transactions for his clients.
Mr. Fink’s career spans projects throughout the world in the United States, México, Central America, Panama, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, and Asia/Pacific. Professional and educational credentials:
• Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) designated by the AHLA
• Maître Hôtelíer, Confriérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs
• Texas Real Estate License
• Languages: English, Spanish , German, and Indonesian
• Received a degree in economics from the University of Texas in Austin and studied International economic development, regional studies and languages at the University of Vienna, Austria (Institute of European Studies) and the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Jim Allmand complements the GRDI Executive Committee with over forty years of resort real estate and hospitality operations management. He has experience in luxury resort hotels, marinas, and master planned residential real estate.
Mr. Allmand’s hotel, resort, and marina operations background includes over twenty-five years of regional multi-property responsibilities in Florida, Texas and Louisiana. His resort operations experience not only includes working in the United States, but also México, Central America and the Caribbean.
Jim worked with several Resort communities developed by the Sea Pines Company in Hilton Head Island, Amelia Island, and Palmas del Mar located in Puerto Rico. He also formed a partnership with a public Real Estate Investment Trust to manage and financially turn around two bankrupt hotels, one in New Orleans and one in Jackson, Mississippi.
Mr. Allmand is also a Member of the Board of Directors of Bluegreen Vacations Corporation and Chairman of the Nominating Corporate Governance Committee since 2011. Bluegreen is a vacation ownership company operating over 68 resorts in more than 40 popular destinations across the continental United States and the Caribbean with over 6,000 employees. Bluegreen, a leader in the vacation ownership industry, is listed on the NYSE with the symbol BXG.
Professional and educational credentials:
• Licensed real estate professional (Florida)
• Awarded General Manager of the year by both the Florida Hotel & Motel Association and the American Hotel & Lodging Association
• CHA and CFBE – Certified Hotel Administrator and Food & Beverage Executive by the American Lodging Association.
• Executive Master of Business Administration, Tulane School of Business completed (one year while working in New Orleans).
• Bachelor of Arts, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
• Associate in Arts, New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell New Mexico
• Languages: Bilingual in English and Spanish
Rick Martin specializes in managing all aspects of project management, design/programming, technical assistance, construction and renovation of hospitality projects as a registered Architect. He offers over thirty years of design and construction management experience to GRDI clients and partners. Rick’s corporate experience includes hotel development with Holiday Inns, Embassy Suites, Marriott International, Bristol Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels. Rick’s professional management style allowed him to successfully develop hotels for each of these brands throughout North America, including the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico.
Rick has been responsible for approximately 70 projects approaching $ 1.2 Billion in value during his career.
Professional and educational credentials:
• NCARB certified, Registered Texas Architect – 1986
• Registered Tennessee Architect – 1983 (Inactive)
• BS-Engineering Technology, Memphis State University, Memphis, TN, 1975
• Attended college at the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, the American College in Paris, France, the London School of Economics, and graduated from the University of Texas, with a B.A. in Economics
• Texas Real Estate Broker License